Pizza Base Ingredients: Makes 1 medium pizza base
– 1 cup cake flour
– 1/2 cup Red cabbage powder
– 5g yeast
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 Tbsp sugar
– 1/2- 1 cups Luke warm water
1. Mix all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl. Then slowly add the warm water till a dough consistency that can be rolled out. Then knead the dough onto a floured surface for 10- 15 minutes till the gluten forms.
2. Place the kneaded dough into a bowl greased with cooking oil. Cover with either a wet cloth or cling wrap and allow to proof for 30-45min.
3. Once the dough has proofed and is almost double the size roll it out onto a floured surface and into the shape you want your pizza to be. Then prick the rolled out dough with a for. This just helps to ensure it cooks thoroughly
Sauce- I normally put on tomato puree. If you don’t have tomato puree you can use tomato sauce mixed with a bit of chutney. Spread it on evenly on the dough
Start with grated cheese, preferably mozzarella which is a low fat cheese.
Then add whichever meaty or vegetables toppings you want on your pizza.
Then bake in the oven at 180 degrees celcuis for about 15min.