- 2 cups Onions , finely chopped
- 1.5-2 kg Game meat , cleaned with the fat trimmed off
- 2 Tbsp Paprika
- 2 Tbsp Cumin
- 3 Tbsp Lemon and Herb
- 3 cups @levubudriedfruit Potjie Mix ,rehydrated in hot water
- 2 cups Beef Stock
- 1 cup Tomato Puree
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
1. Sauté the onions till cooked, for a few minutes
2. Then add the meat and allow it to brown. You can add small batches at a time to ensure it browns well
3. Once the meat has browned add the seasoning and allow to brown for a few more minutes
4. Add the stock and leave to simmer for about 30min – 1 hour or till the meat is soft.
5. Once the meat has softened add the rehydrated vegetables and the tomato puree and allow to simmer for another 30min. Adding some water in-between if required.
6. Finish off with by balancing the seasoning with some salt and pepper if required.